Thursday, December 22, 2011

Race Recap: My 1st 10K

I'm going to write this race recap differently than others. Before today, my last blog post was mid-November. I was uninspired to write anything for a while. Tonight, I just feel like writing for some reason. My first 10K was this past weekend on 12/17/2011...


Race: Peachtree Corners Christmas 10K (6.2 miles)


Goal: To finish under 60 minutes


Route: Hillier than NECESSARY!! Matter of fact there was a hill at the last .2 miles. Good thing I hill train, but dang, WHY?! I didn't stop, but maybe if I did, I would've improved on my time. Or maybe if I did, I would've been unmotivated to get back in the groove of my pace. The route was out and back through a neighborhood. Boring. Nothing visually pleasing to look at. Some neighbors cheered from their driveways, but that's it. Oh, and the roads weren't closed to traffic. Hmph. So yeah, I don't know if I will do this race again, especially because it was 45 minutes from my home. I did it because I loved the support of my running group with the fact of this being my first 10K.


The iffy Results: I'm going with my Nike+ app, even though I started it maybe 10 feet too early. My Nike+ time was 1:00:52. My clock time, or a.k.a., the time I heard the announcer yell out as I crossed was 59:something. The printed results had me finishing at 1:00:53. Needless to say, we had timing devices and the results were still messed up. I know I finished this race at 59 something, meeting my goal, but it would've been nice to have precise results. This was my first 10K...but whatever.


What does the future hold? Well, I still have my first half marathon to prepare for. I may participate in an MLK 5K, but that's about it. Rock 'n' Roll New Orleans half marathon, here I'se a come!

1 comment:

  1. Get it girl!!! Woohoo! I have another 10k this month in Peachtree City!!! I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!