Tuesday, May 29, 2012

That Time of the Month... Yes, THAT time.

This topic is obviously for the ladies, particularly female runners.



Ever since starting to exercise regularly, there's been changes with my body other than my outer appearance. For one, my cycles have gone from 5 to 3 days (NOT. COMPLAINING. ABOUT. THAT!), BUT I also tend to have cramps and lower back pain that I didn't experience before. I mean... was there too much fat cushioning that area before to the point where I couldn't feel pain or what? I also feel extra tired. I almost skipped my run today because of it, but I ain't no punk. :-)

I was just sitting here wondering how others dealt with this issue. My experience has been this... I'll run or do some other activity and during I won't notice any pain, but afterwards I'll feel it again. I don't like to pop pills unless the pain gets excruciating though.

What are other natural remedies used to alleviate "time of the month" pain besides physical activity? Does running or exercising period alleviate any of your menstrual blues or you can't even peel yourself off of the couch to know how that'd feel? Side note: I want a apple pie with vanilla ice cream on top or a chocolate cupcake. :-/

Just curious.

Today's RUN
We kept it short today only running 2 miles. That street has hills though, so it wasn't like 2 easy miles. I put in work. I'm trying to get used to running in my suburban, non-pedestrian friendly neighborhood. There's a street nearby that isn't too bad traffic-wise, but I've driven by before and noticed mangy mutts in some of the yards. I'm more concerned with that than the cars. There weren't any the past couple times I've ran that street and they are usually tied up or fenced in. I'm not afraid of dogs usually, but you don't know the temperament of EVERYONE's dog. Especially the people who have their dogs tied up outside and barely walk them. They have too much pent up energy. But, I digress. I'd never run this route alone. I'm always with the hubs when I run it. With my luck, they'd probably choose me to chew before him though... but I'll just bring my pepper spray next time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!