Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sum'n New... Soy Protein Powder

I started back counting calories. For one, I've gained 15lbs since last summer and a pair of my 6's weren't fitting like they could. The latter is most important to me. Clothes ain't cheap. Somebody got too comfortable, I see. This maintenance mode crap ain't that easy either. I eat ONE cookie and my fitted shirt accentuates my rolls and belly. I don't have to work as hard as I did to lose the weight initially, but dang, I do still have to work.


I'm using Lose It! again and there's a feature that allows you to monitor your fat, carbohydrates, and protein intakes in percentages. I would like to ultimately lower my body fat percentage so I pay closer attention to my protein intake more than I do my calories necessarily. I also want more muscle. So, I decided to up my protein intake. I usually eat meat (chicken breast, turkey, or fish) at lunch or dinner. I still wasn't getting the amount I needed. I forgot the article or wherever I read this, but I want to get a minimum of 75 grams a day. 


I went to Kroger and noticed the Genisoy vanilla protein powder was on sale and decided to purchase mid-May. I've added them to my smoothies so far and attempted drinking just the powder mixed with skim milk (gross!). I'll try a protein pancake recipe I found on Carrot 'n' Cake's blog  Tone It Up!'s site next.

Mixed Berries, Banana, Spinach, Plain Nonfat Yogurt, Soy Protein Powder, O.j.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!