Wednesday, April 8, 2020

First Post of the Year & Postpartum Update

Yoooo!

So as I've mentioned in my last post (October 2019), I wasn't sure how often I would able to blog my postpartum weight loss journey. I've been back at pre-preggo weight for a while now, but I think I'm just now getting back to my pre-preggo fit status (and that's okay). What I mean by that is... I feel IN SHAPE.

How many weeks postpartum are you now? Time goes by so fast! Baby girl is 6 1/2 months and the boy is 6 1/2 years old. I'm also back at work...well, kind of. Depending on when you're reading this, look at the date. You'll see that we're in the middle of a pandemic now, which is why I have time to write this post. I went back to work at 6 weeks postpartum (:-/). Fast forward to March a Coronavirus pandemic is currently happening, so I'm remote teaching. It's a lot to deal with.

How have I been staying fit? During the last post, I was just about to start the HEAT Challenge. It's an extreme 8-week fit challenge. It was so fun to complete and just the thing I needed when dealing with postpartum blues, getting back into the routine of exercising, and meeting some initial goals. I was able to follow the entire workout plan minus a week EXCEPT the meal plan. I originally signed up for the Keto meal plan...seeing that there were other nursing moms who had success with following a Keto diet and it did not affect their milk supply. THIS was not for me. At least not this particular plan. My milk supply seemed to immediately slow even after 2-3 days. I just went back to what I knew worked. Eat CLEAN! I continued to meal prep, but I definitely had to have some carbs...rice and sweet potatoes. I won't be posting my before and after challenge picture, but trust me I made gains. ;-)

Are you still running / racing? After that challenge was over, I registered for the Hot Chocolate 15k which was in February. Following a running plan for that helped to keep me on track. I ran mostly and kept up some type of strength training because the two go hand in hand. I was sooooo happy I met my personal time goal given the fact that I had a new baby, my son, husband, AND not to mention the loads of work I had to catch up on being a Teacher. After that race, I continued to train for a half marathon, but unfortunately I waited until the last minute to register and it sold out. :-( I had been trying to run that race for years.

4 1/2 months postpartum


So now, "stuck" at home with the two kiddos and working remotely, I've been trying out different free workouts some businesses have been offering. I think I need to stick to one plan. Peloton has been free, so on some Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays I find a dreadmill workout (saving grace!) and an upper body workout to do. On Monday, Wednesdays, and some Saturdays, I've been doing Effect Fitness live boot camp with some added strength training. Hmm, I may stick with that schedule, but I'm not certain yet. Us Virgos and Type A folk like to have a clear plan. I also still have to work around my husband's schedule as he's an essential worker.

So there's my little update on fit life at the moment. Oh yea, my husband being a certified personal trainer has helped me to stay on track too because we have a little competitiveness going on in the house. :-)

How have you kept up your healthy routine during this pandemic? Did exercising help you manage postpartum depression? Or any other type for that matter?

4 comments:

  1. It is nice that there are free workout options out there these days. Great job staying on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to get back on track after having kids. Looks like you are doing a great job. Wishing you and your family good health

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it sure is. Thanks to being forced to be home, it's come easier.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!