Saturday, June 2, 2012

Trail Times

Yesterday I went on an impromptu cross-training escapade (I'd been cooped up all day). I'd been wanting to do a trail run; not to seriously get into it when special shoes are required and all of that, but just to try something different. I put on some older running shoes that were already dirty and met up with some ladies to explore the trail. I thought we were running it, but it turned out majority wanted to walk it. I was cool with that. 

Entrance to the trail



I haven't researched trail running versus road running, but I can imagine it being less of an impact on your joints.


Besides looking down at the ground the ENTIRE way to make sure 1) I didn't trip, 2) no forest creatures took me into captivity (there was a snake out there, people!), and 3) my shoes didn't get extra muddy, it was enjoyable. It actually seemed much easier to run this terrain instead of walk it. With running (I did run a little bit), your feet barely touch the ground from moving much more quickly. It was much easier to look ahead. You just need to watch out for tree stumps and horse ish, and you're cool. We were walking kind of slow so I got a light headache from looking down so much.
 

Despite having gone fishing many times and even camping, I'm still not that much of a nature girl. I just like to look at it. :-) 

I took this pic for the hubs, who wanted me to bring it home. Um, no.

It took us an hour.

I haven't walked for exercise on purpose in a very, very long time. I AM looking forward to running this route REALLY soon though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!