Saturday, January 5, 2013

#3

I definitely didn't jump up all excited to run 8-miles in 30 degree temps this morning. This is when running with others helps. I like the structure aspect of an organized run. It's like you HAVE to be there at a certain time. It helps keep me on track on those days it's hard to get out of the bed to go run in 30 degree weather like you're getting paid to do it. Truth be told, I have gotten out of the habit or "love" for group running (the picture taking at EVERY run, the not starting on time thing...yeah), but I knew if I didn't run with anyone TODAY, I would have to get it in solo on the treadmill or not at all. Miami, ain't gonna run itself so I chose the later.

I saw a couple people I knew, so that was a bonus. There were people that ran faster than me so that made me push a little harder to keep up. There were people behind me that I didn't want to seem like a failure to. So..hey, that's the main benefits of group running and fitness for me in a nutshell. The social aspect? Well, it's nice when you meet new people to connect with, but it doesn't bother me to walk away without meeting someone new.

All week I had been running on the treadmill. It's nothing like outdoor running. That's why it was so tough for me today pace-wise. I need to really consider the group runs more while it gets dark quicker or find a beastin' treadmill workout. Might be a lil far fetched due to time,  but I really want to PR on that flat Miami course! I'm upping my game for sure in the coming weeks cause it MAY be able to happen. Possibly. To get ready, I'm going to clean my diet back up by doing this smoothie challenge with a friend and I'm really focusing on strength training.


I went to the gym after my run this morning and worked on upper body and abs for about an hour with the hubs. I felt really good...and sleepy afterwards. I'm so ready to look and feel good in Miami!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!