Saturday, December 21, 2013

Almost A Year Later

I guess I just feel like writing today. It's almost a been a year since I've written my last blog post. The blog post that was all about my new series for the year of writing about all of my workouts, ha. Yeah, well, that was a daunting task I obviously didn't know what I would be setting myself up for. I mean, I worked out. I just didn't write about them all afterwards like I wanted to. Actually, I ran my last half marathon at the end of January, became preggo, scaled my workouts back a lot, and then eventually stopped. They were so spread out I wouldn't consider my physical activity while preggo really working out. But anyways...

Here I am, 8 weeks and 1 day postpartum with only 11 more pounds to lose before I will reach my pre-pregnancy weight (gained about 37 while preggo...really good). How do I plan to reach my first goal of the last 11lbs? Well, eating as clean as possible and revamping the cardio and super revamping the strength training. I can't cut calories because I am breastfeeding. 

The first time I set out to lose weight (60lbs), I did 90% cardio and ate clean. It took me a year and a half to lose that 60lbs. I know losing slow is the way to go, but it shouldn't have went that slowly. The one thing I want to do differently this go around is take strength training more seriously, whether it is by weights or calisthenics. This time I am starting out with the gym membership, whereas before I worked out at home for almost 3 years before considering a gym membership. Well, I need to take advantage of all the weight machines and more of the classes. There's so much material and actual results out there from people who have lost weight.... well not weight, but FAT (I'm trying to lose fat), from people who really focus on their weight training. I want a specific shape and I definitely want my running speed to increase so I need to pump the iron more consistently before.

So, we'll see what happens...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!