Saturday, December 21, 2013

Regaining Momentum

**See first post since January below.**

So far, it's been more of a mental struggle to regain my fitness momentum than physical. It went pretty good the first two weeks. I was so excited to just get a sweat in. And I gave it my all in this one class. The instructor couldn't believe I had just had a baby 7 weeks before. I got the green light by my midwife to workout at 5 weeks and I was at the gym the next day. Yup! But week 3, besides schedule conflicts, I think I am expecting more of myself than I should. I know good and well I won't just return back to running 9 and 10-minute miles just like that. But seeing that 13 and 14 is SO freakin' discouraging. It feels like I will never return to the level I once was. That's ridiculous thinking for just having had a baby 2 mths ago almost and only been working out for 3 weeks so far, but I can't help it! I wanna be where I was!!! It's gonna take too long I think. I think it's time to reunite with my girls from Black Girls RUN!.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!