Sunday, October 26, 2014

Review: Manitoba Harvests' Hemp Hearts

I started exercising and eating clean as soon as my doctor gave me the green light. I was extremely ready to get back to my routine and get my body back. My plan was to increase my protein as I had done in the past. One difference was that now I was nursing my son.

In the past, I would normally add a whey or soy protein powder to my smoothies, but after research I found that I shouldn't supplement with either of those and that I should use a more natural source.

I eventually forgot about it and just added extra protein to my diet by eating more egg whites for breakfast and snack.

A few months later and after becoming a Sweat Pink Ambassador, I saw the opportunity to review Manitoba's Harvests' Hemp Hearts. I discovered this was safe while nursing. This was perfect as I am still nursing and still happen to be looking for a more natural protein source.  It's hemp seeds...a naturally high source of protein. 



As soon as I posted that I received this on my Instagram account, I received great feedback, so I knew it must be good.


I chose to try the hemp seeds in my smoothies. It was my intention to take more photos, but time and life took that away. Nonetheless, I did enjoy my smoothie as normal. 


I will admit the Hemp heeds looked funny, so I became skeptical of the taste, but I was so wrong. If you aren't a fan of overpowering tastes, you will love this. I don't know if it's because of the recipes that I chose, but I could hardly taste the hemp seeds. That's okay with me. As long as I am getting the nutrition I want from it.

I visited Whole Foods Market last week for other items, and happened to see Manitoba's Hemp Hearts Seeds on the end-cap (I used to work in retail, lol). I plan to use the rest of the seeds in my oatmeal in the morning, but I am glad I already know where they can be repurchased. 

*Manitoba Harvest sent me this package to review as part of my Sweat Pink Ambassadorship. This post is my true opinion.*


Do you add extra protein to your smoothies? Would you be interested in an Instagram giveaway?

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!