Monday, June 27, 2011

Race Recap: HBCU Alumni Alliance 5K

I participated in my second race ever this past weekend. The race was organized by the HBCU (historically Black college & university) Alumni Alliance organization to raise money for scholarship.  Although I did not attend an HBCU, I still wanted to show support.  This was a good beginner 5K race and a lot of the women in the group I run with participated.  


I didn't finish at the time I hoped for.  It was actually worst than my first 5K, but I think had there not been a few minor, but major glitches related to organization of the race itself (ahem!), I probably could have gotten a way better time.  For starters, walkers lined up first which slowed me down in the beginning just trying to maneuver my way to the front of the line.  Secondly, I don't really know what time the race started because I didn't hear a horn, whistle, flute, or anything that would let me know the race is officially starting.  


I don't consider this my official finish time, considering all of the shenanigans I mentioned above.  The route was hilly.  I definitely want to return for a re-match because I KNOW I can do better than this sucky time!

HBCU Alumni Alliance 5K Run/Walk - 6/25/2011

The one great thing I can say about the race is that I got this really cute shirt to commemorate and met some amazing women from my running club.  

I burned 339 calories.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. The walkers were in front? Very weird. But it's great that you went out and got it done. BOOM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!