Sunday, September 11, 2011

#OperationBikini - Check!


Ya just don't know how often I visualized myself at the point I am in my life right now.  While either trying not to watch the timer on the elliptical, psyching myself up to finish the entire workout DVD, or reciting whatever personal mantra came to mind while attempting to run uphill; All of that was for a weekend like the one I just had at the beach.

I tend to renew my goals in October the past 2 years for some reason.  Well, last year I made the goal that since most of my weight had shed, my next goal would be to get into that bikini and wear it proudly.  As my tweet states, I didn't want to wear the bikini JUST for vanity reasons (although that is a pretty huge reason), but having the confidence of wearing that bikini and just letting lose and having fun on the beach was priceless.  I'm not done with "sculpting" my body yet (or ridding entirely of the pudge), but this weekend made all the hard work over the past 2 years on my weight loss journey worth it.  This weekend has definitely inspired me even more to continue onward with my goals.  This time next year, maybe I'll visit a nude beach. ONLY KIDDING.  Here's a few pictures I deemed Internet-safe :)

 

There's a first time in life for everything :)


Panama City Beach, FL - It was nice w/o the "Spring Break crowd" lol

With that being said, my goals for this week are to take full advantage of this perfect Fall running weather and continue trying to increase my mileage.  Sunday is usually my rest day so I didn't do anything today. I'll do a speed work out tomorrow, followed by Insanity (maybe).  Tuesday-4 miles. Wednesday-2 mile run and weights. Thursday-4 mile run. Friday-Insanity. Saturday-5 mile run.


I'm encouraging you to stick with your goals. You won't regret!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love seeing other blogs about maintenance mode. Good for you going for the bikini. That was one of my goals after losing a lot of weight but unfortunately the loose skin keeps me from being brave enough to wear one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on reaching a major milestone! I am inspired by you hard work and dedication!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!