Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Own Green "Monster" and Vegetarian Meal of the Week (VMOW)

After seeing so many other bloggers post on their versions of green smoothies, naturally I wanted to try one.  It kind of happened by accident, just because I was out frozen strawberries to make my usual strawberry banana smoothie.  I never saw a recipe that I actually wanted to copy, so I ended up creating my own little version.
Sorry for the poor presentation, but the color was really pretty

Ingredients:
2 cups of fresh spinach
1 cup of frozen banana slices
1 cup of orange juice
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
1 serving 329 calories


This was so good after my elliptical workout.  I hadn't been to the gym since February.  The change was really nice.
---
Meanwhile, with me NOT having to cook and thoroughly enjoying THAT fact this weekend, a vegetarian meal was in order.  I decided to have spinach salad (out of whatever I had that was salad ready in my fridge) and roasted new potatoes.  I know I saw this meal on someone else's blog.  It wasn't the exact recipe, but just the idea of this combo I took.  Anyhoo, I forgot to jot it down.  It was simple, just the way I like it all.  
olive oil, sea salt, chili powder, paprika
Will make enough for about 3-4 people

I baked these at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes (or until tender)

About 312 calories
For the spinach salad, I just added part-skim mozzarella cheese and a little Italian dressing.
---
Follow-up from the Truth Dot Com post last week.  After facing the fact that I had gained some of my "last 10lbs" back from meeting my weight loss goal in April/May of this year, I started back paying closer attention to my food calories.  I was already doing great with my workouts, I was kinda, sorta pigging out elsewhere.  Since then, which was maybe a week and a half ago, I've lost 3 of those 7 lbs so far.  I hope I don't sound anal.  I'm not, I'm just a bit of a perfectionist, Type A if you will.

This week's workout will continue to be about adapting to increased mileage.  I'm going to run at least 3 miles Monday and Wednesday of this week.  On Friday I will run 5 miles (perfect before heading out of town).  If I feel the urge to run other days, which I probably will because the other days are my usual group run days (it's too fun to pass up), I will just take it light and easy.  I am definitely trying to keep up the momentum this week because guess what? I'm BEACH BOUND Friday afternoon! Woot Woot! And I'm wearing that bikini!

1 comment:

  1. This food looks good! Some of my favorite recipes come from seeing someone else's and adapting/tweaking it a little bit. Which is probably what I'll do from seeing yours, haha! I'm also anal about the weight just like you are above and very Type A, so I hear you! Way to get back on track! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!