Thursday, June 25, 2015

Adventures in Potty Training

And so a new chapter has begun...potty training. My son is 20 months today. Judging by developmental signs, I thought it would be okay to get a head start on potty training before we both head back to school in a few more weeks. So after asking for advice from family and friends, I thought I'd give it a try.

The method I used was to keep him bottomless, set the timer for 15 minutes and have him sit until he pees. He peed in the potty 5 times and had 3 accidents on the floor. I think that's pretty good, right? Here's the text I sent to the hubs after the first time my son went pee pee, lol. (Oh and sorry if using "peed" or "pee" is un-lady like or offends you :-))


Meanwhile, for some reason I didn't have much of an appetite as the day went on and that probably contributed to my evening headache. Despite that and considering my race is NEXT WEEK, I made myself get up and go to the gym.

My training schedule called for cross-training. I spent 30 minutes on the elliptical at level 5 and 20 minutes on the stair climber, running intervals up to level 17. I was a sweaty nasty mess. Sorry no pic ;-)

I know, bad form. Shame on me.

I still didn't feel like the gym workout was enough so when I got home I chose a 15 minute Nike+ Training Club workout to do. It was a full body strength workout designed for runners. I was about to say I love Nike+, but right now I'm kind of upset because yet AGAIN, another GPS watch is broken. The screen stopped displaying. Just in time for my race next week right? I won't have time to call customer service for a replacement, so I'll have to deal. I have my eyes set on a Garmin for my birthday in September. So no calorie count tonight.

I have a 3 mile run scheduled for tomorrow. I'll have to run it pushing the jogger stroller again since the hubs works too late. I've made significant "gains" running solo in the past few weeks. Was feeling like my old self actually. I hope that running with the stroller this week and a little of last won't negatively impact my performance. Reality is, running with a 30 lb boy plus however much the stroller weighs, add on the hills on ALL GA routes, I repeat ALL GA routes (well except Silver Comet Trail, maybe) causes me to walk/run. My average pace while running with the boy has been between 13-14 minutes per mile. Good news is I'll have a chance to test my theory on Saturday morning because I'll have a sitter and won't have to run with him. Crossing my fingers I haven't regressed.

Well anyhow, I'm glad I worked out today. It makes me feel content about ending my day.

What's the "secret" to running faster with a jogger stroller? Any potty training tips? Do share.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!