Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Where oh, where have I been?

I'll keep this brief. Well let's see. I have honestly been too busy with life that blogging took a backseat. No, not a backseat, but it got locked in the trunk and never thought of until ... now. Lately, I've been feeling like writing so I decided to pick back up where I left off.



Running/Weight Update
Yep...still running. My last post was my last race recap, the Hot Chocolate 15k. For the last 9-10 weeks I've been training for the AJC Peachtree Road Race 10k coming up on the 4th of July. The physical part of training has been going well, but the nutrition part, not so much. I actually gained the 10 lbs I lost while training for the last race plus 1 lb WHILE training for this race. :-) So yep, I keep losing and regaining the same 10 lbs. Story of my life....

Summer Break Is In Effect!
I'm on summer break (I'm a teacher), so I thought I'd periodically share some of the activities my toddler and I have been getting into while we're on vacay. I want to also break up the monotony of the running post, IF I'm going to return to regular blogging for a while. We'll see. Well at least while I'm on summer break anyways.

Atlantic Station has something called Tot Spot for kids 5 and under. It's free activities for the little ones. 
I posted this on my IG... "Blow child, blow". He was so determined  to make a bubble.
There's plenty of adventures ahead to post about. I have about 3 more weeks I think until race day. I'm kind of nervous because my average paces haven't been consistent. Some days I've been slow (due to leg pain/fatigue), some days I'm fast, and then some days I'm in between.So who knows. I practed a portion of the route on my last long run Saturday and it was bomb.... so I guess we shall see. Until then... Thanks for reading. :-)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!