Saturday, June 27, 2015

Today's Run Was Awesome!


Despite my blog title, I woke up feeling the monthly miserable, lethargic, and unmotivated. I didn't feel like moving out of my nice comfy bed, dressing my child to drop him off, OR driving the 45 minutes to the safest place to run solo. On top of that I got to that side of town and I could now tell it had been raining. I was praying I wouldn't get caught in the rain or maybe I wanted it to rain so I could use that as an excuse not to run? Hmmm? All #firstworldproblems, yes.


Anyhow, I got to the park and was preparing to run when I realized not only had I lost my armband, but my second set of earbuds weren't working. So a run with no music it was. This is where people watching and listening to my breathing really came in handy...because fast forward to the end of my run, 5 miles later. It. was. awesome!


Without all of my gadgets readily available to look at, I wasn't distracted by how fast or slow I was running. I just ran and listened to my breathing. I was very surprised at my splits.

The last two miles were super hilly as you can see.
What I was most surprised at was that I worried for nothing. If you read my last post (I'm getting the vibe that I don't give myself enough credit), but I mentioned I was worried that my slower pace while running with the jogger would slow me down on my next solo run. It didn't. 

Despite this route being super hilly, this was my fastest time around it in a looooong time. So yeah, I'm pleased with only 6 more days until race day. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!