Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Need for Speed


For me, this spring and summer is all about becoming faster. There's no way I want to run long distances in this this southern humidity. I'm kind of glad I wasn't chosen to participate in the famous AJC's Peachtree Road Race, but 6.2 miles may be my cap for the season. I won't lie and say I'll consistently get up super early, as in 5am, enough in order to beat the heat either. I'll intentionally pick up the 7+ miles when the weather breaks again.


Despite the effects of the changing temps, I still want to focus on getting my average pace to a consistent 8:30-9:00 pace. I read this discussion on Runner's World site and could relate to this guys' question. I think the endurance I'll build just from continuing to run in the humid temps will help when I do increase my mileage once again. I definitely got faster last Fall.

There's a new app I intend to try called MiCoach Running. I saw someone mention it on Pinterest for her speed workouts, so we shall see next week. I'm not good at the old fashion way; the stopwatch, paper, and pen way, I need a "babysitter", SMH.


Tonight's workout was sort of like my "inaugural" workout to this "new" plan that has popped in my head. I ran 3-miles at an average pace of 10:44 (still haven't fully recovered from taking the 2 week break after my half), ran hill repeats for 1-mile, 25 standard push ups, and two 1-minute planks. Hopefully my workout partner will not want or need to cancel any evenings, because I was way more motivated to do this with her with me! Little does she know.

A Sweaty Beast

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!