Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli

I've been in a eating-the-same-things-week-after-week rut, so as soon as I found this recipe on Pinterest and noticed it only included 2 ingredients, I knew I had to try it (I prefer SIMPLE as possible). The only changes I made from the original recipe was omitting cumin and coriander seeds. I wanted to use what I already had on hand. I've purchased too many seasonings in the past for one-hit wonder recipes and now they're just sitting in the cabinet, waiting to expire I guess. Also, I topped this over BROWN rice instead of white.
I'm not into counting my food calories anymore, so I don't have a calorie count for ya. Off the subject, but if you've seen the latest Desperate Housewives episode (watch the part where Andrew brings his new "fiance" home. She's formally obese.), you will see a little of why not. Thinking about the calorie count of EVERYthing I ate was like how some people feel about the scale. It can become obsessive.

You can find the original recipe and instructions here and pictures of my version below.






Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!