Saturday, March 10, 2012

Race Recap: Rock 'n' Roll New Orleans Marathon & 1/2 Marathon

claimyourjourney.com


This time last year, I was starting Week 2 of Couch to 5k. I would've never thought only a year later I'd be running my first half. I was kind of emotional waiting in my corral, where I had too much time to think. I'm sure the people next to me probably thought I was nutty for wiping tears and the race hadn't even started.

Miles 1-3 were okay. Took a min to get in my rhythm with the amount of ppl and adjusting to the raggedy roads. Miles 4-8, I was feeling myself and thought, "this will be so easy". Mile 9-10, seemed to take forever and the battery on my phone was really low. That took my mind off of having fun and worrying about whether I'd have music to finish. Miles 11-13 were the worse...bathroom issues and legs were tired. I was disappointed that I had to run/walk majority of the LAST couple miles of ALL miles. My long runs before were near perfect compared. So why when race day comes, random stuff occurs?



 

Some kind of way I got a boost of energy to sprint the last few yards.
I set a time goal for myself, which I didn't meet, but overall I'm just proud I did it and finished. The best part of the race for me was being done and my husband (race crew volunteer) being the one to put the medal around my neck.




After New Orleans, I spent the entire week at the in-laws house. They don't exactly live in an area safe for running nor does their hoarding tendencies lack of space allow me to exercise on the inside. That was fine with me because I needed the break. This week was my first week being lazy as hell and not giving AF inactive in well over a year. It felt kind of weird. I ate and pretty much drank what I wanted, when I wanted all week, but I'm ready to get back my mojo back already. For this week, I'm thinking group runs, spin class, and a body sculpting class should get me back on track. We brought back the nephews to spend time with us during their spring break, so we shall see how this goes...

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I came across your page recently and I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!