Monday, June 4, 2012

Protein Pancakes

We love "pannacakes" in this house. I had to stop making them as much (which was like 2-3 times a week) since they're so high in the not-so-good carbs and fat, not including the syrup.

Every other blog I read, I've seen versions of the protein pancake. I finally found a version I could get with on the Tone It Up! site tonight. Luckily I had most of the ingredients on hand, because I was too impatient to try tomorrow. It's missing a few of the ingredients I would of normally had, but I need to go grocery shopping. They taste fine anyway. Enjoy!


Protein Pancake
1/4 cup of egg white
1 scoop of protein powder
2 tbsp of skim milk
1 tsp of cinnamon
*1/2 banana, mashed
*1 tbsp of ground flax seed
*handful of fresh or frozen blueberries, for topping
(* = the ingredients I didn't have. Will try later.)



One didn't make it before I remembered to take a picture.

This has now been added to the breakfast routine. It'll look better next time I try it. With this, I met my protein goal for the day. It was 114 calories (makes 2 servings) and 13.6 grams of protein. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!