Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Race Recap: ATC's Father's Day 4-miler

Photo courtesy of the Atlanta Track Club
This was my first 4-miler race. I think I like this distance. I signed up for another next month. The route was super hilly, as to be expected when running any given route in Atlanta. I'm glad I'd been running hills and speed training previously. The hills in Grant Park are no joke. They can be super discouraging. Although I was used to hills, I hadn't run a steep hill without slowing down in a while. I was VERY surprised that I not only got up the hill at a good pace, but kept a steady pace even afterwards.


My first bib with my name on it. I was pleasantly surprised. :-)



The finish line was the best so far! We ended the race right inside of Turner Field. I hadn't been inside Turner Field before. The last time I went to see the Braves play, they played at the old Atlanta Stadium and I was in elementary school. I kinda can't wait for the next one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!