Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Pinspired Project: Chevron Accent Wall

This post is off-topic from my normal subjects, but I just thought I'd share. I've borrowed so many ideas from Pinterest, but this is one of my favorites I just completed today, the accent wall in my sons bedroom.

Soon after finding out I was pregnant, I was glued to Pinterest looking up nursery decor ideas. I switched color schemes a million times. I finally settled on one (navy and grey with red and green accents). Well my mom painted my son's room for me while I was still preggo, but I knew I wanted to complete the print sometime after I gave birth. Felt like I would've been asking for too much had I asked my mom to do what I'm about to show you plus all the other stuff she did for me while I was preggo.

Anyway, so here's step by step in picture form of what I did pretty much. The original and more detailed instructions came from this blog here, but there's hundreds of other tutorials for you to choose from.

Step 1: Use a straight edge to draw a grid using chalk

Step 2: Use different color chalk to create the Chevron design by drawing diagonal lines in each box. I know those chalk lines aren't straight. I just got lazy and I knew once I started taping I could get it right.

Step 3: Use the "yellow" chalk lines as a guide when taping and then afterwards wipe the chalk away, if you're confident

Step 4: Paint, remove tape before it dries completely,  and voila!

I bought this paint at WalMart. I used Slate Grey and Royal Navy paint swatch from the Glidden Collection, but the brand of paint I used was Color Place. I have wall art not pictured that I will hang on this wall...probably the first letter of his name.

Hope you like it :)

-Tiffany

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is definitely a pinterest win! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just figured out how to enable threaded commenting! The basic method wasn't working. But thank you, again!

      Delete
  2. this looks fantastic---bravo to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just figured out how to enable threaded commenting! The basic method wasn't working. Thank you, I love it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!