Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Good Times on the Pavement

The end of the week was a pretty busy week for me, hence why it has almost been a week since my last post when I was on somewhat of a roll. :) Friday was a rest and cheat day. Went to see Spiderman 2 and couldn't help but fall asleep. As usual. Oh well.


Saturday I finally made it to a group run. I joined a training group for the Peachtree Road Race 10k. If I'm going to meet my goal of finishing at a decent time (decent time hasn't been officially set) then I needed to join a group for motivation. I also wanted to test out my endurance with the solo run/walking I'd been doing the past week or so. Before Saturday, I had only run/walked 4 miles and had only ran 2 miles straight since January and that was on a treadmill. I could tell a huge difference. I only stopped at the stop lights and I made it up every last one of those inclines. I seriously think running with that jogger stroller is to credit. I Googled most of the day when I got home, lol. I guess the resistance from the stroller really helps strengthen my upper body as well as lower. My son is 15 lbs and I think the stroller I over 30 lbs. So yeah, the boy child WILL be joining me more often.


My early Mother's day gift to myself, new running shoes. :) It was time. 


My endorsement contract should be in the mail, right?
I decided to follow the 10k training plan from the group training coach. So Sunday, I set out for 30-40 minutes. Since I took the boy child and the hubs, it was a run/walk. For some reason it felt easier pushing that stroller. I don't know why.

Monday was a rest day. And as I type this, it is Tuesday. 3.5-4 miles is on the plan. I'm going to run errands. Let the temp cool down and take the boy out. If I can't make it outdoors, the treadmill will have to suffice.

Tiffany

P.S. Fridays cheat day sprinkled a little into Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday (Cinco de Mayo). That's what happens when you put off going grocery shopping.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!