Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My 1st WIAW

For about 75% of my 10k training I was on Mission: No bread, No white, No sugar, No processed foods except for cheat days. Plus, I did a 30-day green smoothie challenge for the month of May (see pics on my instagram). I saw a HUGE difference in my abdominal area and I lost the last 5 lbs of my baby weight and then some. Maybe one day I'll have the nerve to post the progress pictures. But, side note: my ab area looks better NOW than before I was even pregnant!!!!

I decided to jump on the bandwagon for WIAW or What I Ate Wednesday posts for a few weeks. Almost every time after I meet a goal, I relax a little too much for days afterwards. These past couple days of "relaxation" has involved too much bread. Or maybe my body craved the carb? I thought by posting pics of my food for a little bit may help keep myself accountable until my half marathon training starts in August. Once that starts, I'll be motivated by performing well on my long runs.

So here's what I ate today...


Breakfast - On July 1st I started the 30-day green smoothie challenge hosted by Simple Green Smoothies, so this is a strawberry & banana smoothie with frozen spinach cubes (to keep my spinach longer, I blend it with a little water and freeze it in ice cube trays). I'm on Day 9.


Lunch -  An open-faced chicken salad (store bought) sandwich

Dinner - You know how you have random ingredients in the fridge and you don't want them to go bad? This is how this little concoction was created. This could actually be a real recipe, but idk. This is boneless pork with sliced tomatoes and green bell peppers (EVOO, salt & pepper). Pork fajita, maybe? It taste good.


No need to lie. This temptation said, "drink me" everytime I opened the fridge. The hubs just looooves to bring tempting foods in the house, ahem. I hadn't had a Coke in a minute, so I gave in.

Snack 1

Snack 2
After dinner I did around 30 minutes of Jillian Michael's Hard Body DVD and ran/walked 3.5 miles. Snack 3 was 2 tbsp of Greek yogurt with a little all natural honey and a sprinkle of granola on top.

How do you stay motivated to eat healthy? Have you caught onto the green smoothie craze yet?

2 comments:

  1. i would call that a very clean eating day! maybe sub for a diet coke? (lose all those calories) i know nothing about the green smoothie challenge (that smoothie pic looked very chocolatey--i had no idea it was green!) i think i eat pretty healthy but i think i love my wine too much and that keeps the pounds on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making green smoothies! It saves so much time in the mornings and I'm eating my veggies. They actually don't have to be "green" in color depending on the type of fruits you use. I didn't use as much spinach as I usually do today. Time to go grocery shopping!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!