Saturday, July 23, 2011

Addicted to a Good Thing!

Today was an unusual day for me.  Hubby (I need to find a new term because I really do despise the term 'hubby') and I headed down to 'Who Dat Nation' for the weekend to spend time with friends and just get away from the mundane for a few days.  I'm enjoying the trip thus far, a little too much I think.  I packed our lunches: sandwiches, fruit, water, & Gatorade for the trip here, but "the during" is the problem.  My weight fluctuates easily and I'm worried that I will go back home heavier than I'd like.  I'm talking 5lbs.  It's so easy to put the weight on and so hard to get it off.  I guess as long as I can still fit the same pant sizes when I get home is all that really matters.  We will be doing lots of "touristy" stuff while here, so it may not be as bad as I'm making it seem.

While typing this, I should be in bed preparing for the run I finally decided on doing.  I'm in a "foreign" city, so I am a bit nervous.  I found a pretty safe route to run in the morning.  It's in a popular location near a university, so it's bound to have security.  I found the route on Nike Plus and discovered most of the runners in the area I am in run there.  So that's where I'll be headed in the A.M.  I just want to say 1) I exercised for the first time on vacation 2) show how dedicated I am to myself and my goals and 3) create a memorable experience for myself. So, let's hope it won't rain :)


Do you try stick to your routine as closely as possible on vacation? Or do you purposely relax at all costs?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!