Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Random Type of Day

Rolling out of bed at 10am...it's like a good portion of my day is gone already!  I'm still on a quest for consistency.  I haven't settled on what days I'm going to do what.  I'm usually good with organizing my time wisely, but ever since I've gotten serious with this blog (which I've had since last year), it's been taking a lot of my time.  Time I should evenly spread doing other things, but I can't pry myself away from the computer.  And then once I am away from the computer, I'm at my iPhone doing the same thing. #NotWinning.  

Anyway, I want badly to complete my goals.  I really want to meet my "flat stomach" goal by uh? ... I need to figure that one out.  It WAS by the end of the summer, but I don't know.  We'll just say that's pending for now.  I was glad to see that Yum Yucky will be starting another challenge.  I'm a new reader of her blog and saw the mid and ending results of her challenge, not to mention the awesome prize she gave away, so I think that'll help motivate me to "finish what I started".

Today's Workout
Before my run, I did an upper body weight routine from Carrot 'N' Cake's blog.  It was something easy on time that I could fit in beforehand.

I'm supposedly following Nike's 5K Training program to increase my 5K speed.  I attempted 4 miles yesterday, but due to the heat and low hydration and the fact that I rolled out of bed so late I barely finished 2 mi.  Today is kind of my make-up day.  According to the plan, I was supposed to take today off, but since my running group is meeting today (in a location I love), I decided to join in so I won't feel so bad about yesterday.  I have never stopped and walked midway run with them, probably because when I'm running, exercising, or doing anything for that matter in front of other people, I never want them to see me at my weakest point (call it pride, I guess?).  Crazy, but it helps me endure.  Don't get me wrong, I will stop if I just can't take it, but I see it as motivation that I don't.

We ran 3.76 miles. My average pace was 10:24.  I'm puzzled at the fact that my first mile was 10:16, but my second was 8:57. Ran down hill maybe? IDK.


Lunch
This was a I-have-too-many-leftovers-from-other-recipes type of day.  I didn't want any thing to go to waste, so I was fortunate enough to find these two "recipes".  I had almost or at least some things that could substitute in the following "creations".

roast beef and spinach sandwich
Ingredients
1 Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese slice
1 tbsp light mayo
2 slices whole wheat bread
1 tbsp mustard
255 calories

Dinner
chicken fajita-ranch wrap
Ingredients
1 tsp chili pepper (to season tenderloins)
2 tbsp ranch dressing
4 oz chicken, tenderloins
2 tsp garlic powder
1 whole wheat tortilla
1/2 cup green bell pepper
424 calories

Do you prefer working out alone or with people?  Do you push a little harder in others' presence than you would if you were alone?

1 comment:

  1. Blogging is such a time vortex! LOL It will suck you in.

    I always take a mile to get into the groove so my later miles are usually quicker in my runs too. I guess my legs get warmed up?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!