Monday, July 11, 2011

A Monday Message

I usually don't have a problem following through on workout plans (unless you count going past 11 days doing Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred), but a conversation elsewhere asked what my workout goals were this week.  This gave me the idea to start paying more attention to planning my workouts.  Hopefully this will help me stick to a consistent routine.  As of now, I am not very consistent with my strength training as far as the days I do them.  I do them more along the lines of ... when I feel like it.  My goals are still to tone up and flatten the tummy, but I realize I need to be a lot more consistent than I have been the past few weeks.  

I've gotten lax over the past few weeks with my eating and exercise intensity level.  I've been doing the minimum and that's about it.  I can tell I've done a good job just maintaining because the scale has literally not budged in a month.  If i want to increase my 5K time and meet other body goals, that's just not going to work.  So I figure I need to bump up the intensity back to where I started.  When I was so "hungry" to lose the weight.  

I started one of the Nike Plus beginners 5K training programs last week.  Day 1 started with 2 miles and then seems as if it will alternate between 3 miles and 4 miles every other day.  
- - -
Today I ran/walked 4 miles.  On a scale of 1 to 5, today's run was a 3.  I should have known better than to attempt running (especially a distance I haven't ran in a long while) in the middle of the day, in this southern heat.  After mile 2, I started breaking down and taking more walk breaks.  After mile 3, I started to feel light headed and a little dizzy.  Never again.  If I wake up late, I will just force myself to run in the evening when the temps are cooler.  Oh, and HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE!  The part of the trail I ran was very shady, but I think I probably should have drank more water starting yesterday!  I have definitely learned my lesson.

1 comment:

  1. You got it! You are so on point with what yo know has to be done to get past the bare minimum. Push it! But nope. No dizzy-passing out, please. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!