Monday, July 25, 2011

Getting It Together...Back on Track!

I ended up having more fun in New Orleans than I thought I would! It was my second trip there, but my first actually being able to see and participate in a few things.  We saw sites, tasted beignets, shopped, partied on Bourbon Street, hung with friends, and best of all ATE!  But, all good things must come to an end :-(

On our way home, we decided to make a couple of store stops, including the pawn shop (we love a deal).  I accidentally (by accidentally I mean I was not actually in the market for this at the time) found a Garmin Forerunner 305.  The price was too good for me not to pass it up.  They sold it to us for $80. I Googled the item before buying it to make sure we were getting a fair price, because like I said, I wasn't in the market for this  so I hadn't done my research other than seeing other bloggers casually mention it.  For the same model, I saw prices for $129 and up, so I believe we weren't jipped lol.  This item was really on my 2012 wishlist.  So, I'm pretty happy with the price we paid for it.  I can't wait to take it out.  Oh, and I'm probably still going to use Nike+.  I want the Garmin to help me train for faster times and keep me on pace. I don't really care about recording my workouts with the Garmin as of yet.  I like the Nike+ user interface too much.

**7/26 update: I realized the cradle/charger wasn't in the bag. I went back to the shop and they didn't have it either. So basically they gave me $25 (eBay price) to get one. So really I ended up paying $55 for the thing. Niiiice ^_^


Weekly Workout Goals
Monday - rest
Tuesday - Circuit Training & 3+ mile P.M. group run
Wednesday - 3-4 A.M. group run & Strength Train (upper body)
Thursday - Circuit Training
Friday - Circuit Training
Saturday - rest
Sunday - Yoga or Stretching


My schedule seems a little jacked up to me because I forgot I'm babysitting this week so I had to plan my workouts on days I know working out won't be a problem.  I tweeted last week that I volunteered to watch my BFF's 4 kids! Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking.  Hopefully I can stick to the schedule I've planned for myself.  These aren't normally the days I spread my workouts on.  Anyhow, I need to put myself back on a schedule regardless.  Next week's post I'll include my planned meals for the week. The trip threw me off track as far as meal planning and I may have to go grocery shopping tomorrow.  Huh, so much to do and not enough time in the day! Story of everyone's lives!

Lastly, just as the title says, to really make sure I'm getting it together, I have decided to participate in two challenges of bloggers I have just started to follow.  The first is a 7-day "No Excuses" Challenge by RenewedFitness to basically finish a few goals (mostly non-fitness related) that I started, such as register to take the GRE.  Another goal, but not as important, update my running playlist, which I'm almost done already.  The other challenge is by YumYucky and hasn't started yet.  It's a "Finish What You Started" Challenge.  Now this is the fitness-related one that I plan to do starting in August to rededicate myself to my fitness and desired physique goals.  

That's it for tonight's post.  There'll be new recipe reviews I'm trying or have tried posted later in the week.

Motivate Me & I'll Motivate You!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!