Saturday, June 28, 2014

Refreshed!

Good news! I got 7.5 hours of sleep the other night when the baby was away. Yippee! I woke feeling refreshed and ready for the day. I started off with a light snack and then attempted to leave. I was headed for the door until I realized I left my car keys in the hubs car from date night. Soon after he returned home to give me my keys, I was out.





My blunder meant I couldn't run outdoors as planned due the distance away of the park and the time my class started. But no worries, I just ran on the "dreadmill" on the hill setting, alternating between levels 3 and 6 to try to get that outdoor feel as much as possible. I had originally planned for 4 miles, but only had time for 3. Hope it works.

You know you had a good workout when you have to lift your thigh and put it in the car
I was amped to go to my Body Works Plus abs class because my favorite instructor taught. She doesn't just do normal, "okay, class let's warm up, now let's work our arms, now let's work our legs" routine. She sets you up for what the rest of the workout will be like with her warm-ups. Her warm-ups are just like an entire exercise routine.

Anyway, I like her because she does high intensity interval training. That reminds me I'm supposed to be ordering the Polar transmitter link to go with my GPS watch so I can start back tracking my calories burned. I'm sure I burn an easy 500 in her class...easy!

After class I took more advantage of the baby not returning until the afternoon and I did a little grocery shopping. I am planning to post another grocery haul post as an update to my old one, but I keep forgetting. I may just start doing, "what I ate for the week" or something like that.

Ever since the hubs and I have been training for this race we have been eating, I guess you can say kind of like how a body builder eats or just someone in general who is trying to gain muscle, give or take a few cheats here and there. Pretty much high protein, lot of vegetables, and our carbs come from the vegetables mostly. Eating this way really makes it easier on me because most weeks I'll just cook all of our meats on one day and then that's less time I have to spend in the kitchen during the week. I love to find ways to save on time. It's a must for me.

We were doing this as we trained for the 10k, but I think I may continue even afterwards. I'm trying to see muscle definition and I've been going 10 weeks strong, so why not. That




reminds me, I'm proud of my husband who has lost almost 20 lbs since starting his running journey back up. Now he's all like, "my body is a temple", lol. Okay, sir! Whatever works for you. ;-)'

---


Today was my last long run until my race on the fourth.


Cheers to the last week of training!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!