Thursday, June 19, 2014

Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie + Sweet Potato Chips

Since I started nursing my son, I've wanted to find a replacement for my usual protein powder. After researching, I found that I shouldn't take whey or soy protein because it may affect my milk supply. In order to still increase my protein intake, especially after a workout. I make a more conscience effort to get my protein from "real" foods instead.

Below is one of my favorite, a strawberry banana  smoothie. You'll see the recipe below, but typically in a weight loss smoothie, I would use water. I have to be sure I am eating enough calories to supply milk to my son, so I just used skim milk. I think it's a better combo with the Greek yogurt anyways. Mixing water and Greek yogurt? I don't know about that.

Makes 2 servings:
1 cup of skim milk
1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1 cup of frozen strawberries
1 medium sized banana
1 tbsp of flax seed
*you can add a little oatmeal to make it even more of a meal, plus more filling

This is a new found snack that I must be careful of! These sweet potato chips are SO good. They were not greasy or salty. They taste refreshing, crispy. Coming from someone who didn't even like sweet potatoes growing up, I'm surprised! I could of literally eaten this whole bag in a day.


I just wanted to share my two new latest snacks, since I'm always on a prowl for something new when I grow bored. 

What are your latest healthy or semi-healthy snack finds?

-Tiffany

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!