Thursday, June 26, 2014

Oh, so tired!

Happy Thursday! This week has been blah up until today for some reason. I started the week off right, but when Tuesday came... I don't know, it's like the tired monster came and attacked me. I skipped running Tuesday and said I'd make up for it Wednesday.

Wednesday came and the hubs and I actually made it to the park, unpacked the stroller, strapped the boy in the stroller, warmed up for .34 miles, and then the boy went hysterical. Needless to say, mama didn't check all basis before starting. That kind of stressed me so I gave up and went back to the car and let the hubs get his run in and said to myself, "well, I'll just have to do triple time on Thursday and Friday." I said that forgetting that I had plans during the day today that would interfere. Sounds like excuses, excuses, excuses...

So, my race is next Friday, it's Thursday today, and I haven't run all week. Fortunately, the hubs and I have plans this evening and will get to have an impromptu date night while the boy is spending the evening with Nana. :-) 

"Helping" me cook dinner
... and fold laundry
I miss my baby already, but I'm going to take advantage of the free time while I have it. My goals for this evening are to relax, have fun, and get at least 8 hours of sleep (preferably 10, lol) so I can wake up, run and go to the gym in the morning. 

Side note: If anyone had told me it's possible that I may not get a full night of sleep in over a year after becoming pregnant, I would of thought they were lying! But it's true. It's going on 15 months of no sleep PEOPLE! I might crack, I tell ya!

Any random tips that aren't in the books for getting a child to sleep through the night are SO welcomed.  :-)

-signed,
Sleepy Mama

2 comments:

  1. Don't hate me but my son started sleeping through the night at 4 months old. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! Seems like everyone's kid does except mine! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!