Monday, September 15, 2014

#FirstWorldProblems

As I sit here at 1 a.m. to write this post, 3 hours from my alarm sounding off...I'm thinking about the mileage I have to run this week. First of all, I'm up because I just HAD to have gelato before bed. Not just any flavor, I ate the COFFEE chocolate chip! I didn't think it'd really have caffeine in it. I just thought it was coffee flavored. Fail. :-(

I sit here thinking, how in the heck am I going to stay motivated to get through this training week with all of my responsibility? I'm going to be so exhausted tomorrow. Please Jesus, keep me from snapping on someone.

It was SO much more motivating when my schedule allowed me to just jump up and go to a group run on any side of town I wished. Even when I didn't feel like running. Once I arrived at the group run, it's like something magical happened. I felt like it and I ran any distance my peer would "pressure" me into...within reason of course.

Don't get me wrong, I have no regrets on my current situation. I'm just at the point ALREADY in my training where I'm not feeling all of the "restrictions", if you will. Nike ain't playing games with it's training plan. I literally have 1 rest day this week. WTH? This better be worth it because I could be running my 2-3 times a week as originally planned. A group run to look forward to would make this a little easier.

One of my pet peeves is complaining and not doing anything to change it. I just needed to vent for a moment. I thought my proud 8-mile moment would have lasted at least more than 2 days. Uh, no. This is pretty hard. Like I've said over and over (too much probably), this is my first time half marathon training while working full-time AND caring for an infant, etc. Sigh. Woe is me. #firstworldproblems

Go ahead, vent. Tell me something you've been wanting to get off your chest.

2 comments:

  1. Venting is good every now and then. It's way better than quitting. Keep your head up and your feet will follow :)
    I was suppose to run 9 yesterday... but decided to sleep and told myself I would run in the evening. It stormed. My fault for being lazy. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa :) I'm off to a good start this week so far. Did you run your 9?

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!