Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week 5 Recap

Week 5 was going so strong. I even ran that 6 miler I was so nervous about. Then all of a sudden I fell off...just yesterday. 


I was supposed to run 8 miles yesterday morning. I just knew it would be a good run since I'd done so well during the week. The bipolar weather here was just too cool to take my son out as early as I needed to get started. Note to self: I will have to buy one of those stroller weather shields. It was PERFECT weather for running, too. 



Following that disappointment, the procrastination happened for the rest of the day. The hubs had something to do at 10:30 that morning which is why we couldn't just start later in the morning. I also needed to run a few errands including go to the library. The stroller friendly trail we usually run on is not one I will be running on solo anymore in light of too many recent bad news stories. I don't think I've ever missed a long run during any of my other times training for a half.



So what will I do? I'm just going to chalk it up as a lost and continue with my training plan as usual. I choose not to sulk. Life happens. I actually could of gone today, but honestly I was not motivated. I spent a little time after church at Bed Bath and Beyond and one of my favorite places, IKEA shopping for a bay window curtain rod. Exciting. I know!


I'm getting things together and decorating around my home before my son's first birthday party next month. The party will be at our house.

Tomorrow is a new day and a chance to start over. Enjoy your week.

Has 

this ever happened to you? Did you find it hard to recover on your next long run?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!