Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Time to Switch Gears



I'm thinking about making the "executive" decision to stop using the Nike+ Coach feature's half marathon training plan. As I previously posted, Week 5 did not go so well, and Week 6 hasn't gotten off to a great start because of that either. I've never missed a long run before.

As I sit here typing this at HOME, yes, at home on a Tuesday morning because my son caught pink eye from some grimy little kid at school, I am thinking I must not have been thinking well when I chose to try the Nike plan. 


I do like that I am already up to 8 miles by Week 5, well as of last week. So I felt like I would be ready for a 13.1 early, but the schedule is just not doable for me and my new lifestyle. The hubs agrees. My soon-to-be 11 mth old and I wake up by 5 am to be at work (also his school) by 6:30. I'm off by 2:30 and exhausted of course. Depending on the mileage and weather for that day, I run outdoors or on the treadmill. I then come home and cook dinner. Attempt to relax for a millisecond and then start prepping for the next day. I actually hate that I am devoting so much time to it and feel like it's taking time away from my son because those days I treadmill run he is in the Kid's Club when he JUST left daycare. So...yea, I think I just made my decision while typing.

I recently read a review on the Run Less, Run Faster plan that came right on time by Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC and I am thinking about giving that a try or using my real life running buddies training plan. I'll decide in the next few days. Her group is only up to 6 miles, I think.

Obviously I won't be running today because I really don't want to take my son out. His eye has started to clear up fast after we finally received the drops for his eyes. Omg, that's another story. I'm glad I am off today because I probably wouldn't of been any good to those kids this morning. There was an understandably long wait last night in urgent care.

In my self-diagnosed OCD fashion, I keep thinking about how a substitute teacher was supposed to start today to replace the other teacher in my class who is on maternity leave. I wonder is the class in shambles by now and how the are kids doing. I wonder if they are rambling through papers I already wanted to organize, as today is early dismissal for the kids so I the rest of the day was supposed to be my Teacher work day to get stuff together.

Well before this post gets anywhere else off topic, I'll just go ahead and end it here. I'll update my training by the end of the week. Hopefully I can get back on track. Usually a good Body Words Plus Abs class helps. Side note: I sooo wish I can go to one of my morning gym classes I used to go to when I was a SAHM.

Have you ever switched training plans mid training? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and especially for commenting!